My first playdate in Israel
Last night I discovered the "Escape Room" phenomenon. We went with another couple and had the BEST time. Moreover, from an academic point of view, I absolutely am taking any design thinking or creativity students there in the future. In one hour, you experience brainstorming, thinking outside the box, different perspectives, listening to each other, building on each other's ideas... We all walked out with the sense that we NEVER could have done it alone.
My students often don't understand group work. It's a chore to them, a nuisance, "easier to just do it by myself", but in the setting of the Escape Room, you realize the benefit of different minds. Each one of us contributed something and four minds were absolutely far superior to one. In short, it was an awesome experience, I want to do it again! And incorporate into one of my psychology courses.
I also think it highlights how adults need to play too. I told my kids we were having a playdate last night. I told them, "you have had so many, but Ima and Aba get one tonight too", and it was totally awesome. I mean, it's nice to sit and talk, but by the end of the hour, I was so bonded with this other couple, we had a group hug.
I need playdates too!
My students often don't understand group work. It's a chore to them, a nuisance, "easier to just do it by myself", but in the setting of the Escape Room, you realize the benefit of different minds. Each one of us contributed something and four minds were absolutely far superior to one. In short, it was an awesome experience, I want to do it again! And incorporate into one of my psychology courses.
I also think it highlights how adults need to play too. I told my kids we were having a playdate last night. I told them, "you have had so many, but Ima and Aba get one tonight too", and it was totally awesome. I mean, it's nice to sit and talk, but by the end of the hour, I was so bonded with this other couple, we had a group hug.
I need playdates too!

Comments