One week in Israel!

Okay, Week 1 in Israel is almost complete.
A lot has been accomplished.  Here are some top things:

1. I got a bank account.
2. I figured out I can open the windows like all the way in my living room to reveal a very dangerous, although cool opening in my wall.
3. I figured out how to work the A/C. (turns to ice if you put it up high like my northern blood was requiring).
4. I figured out how to use the timer on the electric heater.
5. Kitchen is kosher for our use.
6. We are about to buy a car.  Tomorrow. (pink Chevy Spark)
7. Picked out school.
8. Kids met their teachers this week.
9. School uniforms: purchased.
10. School supplies: purchased.
11. First friends made.
12. Swim test at pool 1 complete.  Pool 2 swim test tomorrow and then we'll decide where we are swimming.
13. First felafel had (get ready for this...it was at IKEA...I think we aren't going to count that one).
14.  Trip taken to beach.
15. Played on Modiin playground.

Honestly, we are doing pretty okay so far.  When I stop and think about all that we have accomplished while trying to parent two kids, I am actually semi-proud of Adam and I.

To Do:

Figure out how to shop online without an Israeli ID card (or get one of those cards so I can never go to a supermarket again).
Get car insurance so we can drive this car we bought.
Get our visas.
Learn our way around this town.
Figure out kids' extracurricular/after school "chugim".
Get our bellies to stop aching every morning with all our anxiety.
Get Netflix or Firestick or something working.
Get into a routine.
Teach my kids to eat new foods.

And oh my gosh, my husband leaves me Sunday for a a conference in England.  What will I do without Adam????!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Summer (Make that Thanksgiving Card)

Happy 5782

Teaching thoughts: Positive Feedback