Sivan works to earn a Daisy pin

(copied this from Facebook post to share with you).

As part of Sivan's work to earn her "My promise my faith" Girl Scout pin, she had to connect part of the Girl Scout law with Judaism, and ultimately share her work in some way with the Jewish community. So I figured Facebook suffices. Here's what Sivan wrote: 

"I am in Daisies. I worked with my rabbi (Rabbi Yael) to get a new pin called "My Promise My Faith". After shul we met. I did the part of the Girl Scout law that was to "be courageous and strong". I learned about this brave queen whose name was Queen Esther. She was brave because she called over the King and told him that the mean Haman was not nice and going to kill the Jews. I also learned about somebody who wrote this poem on the Statue of Liberty to welcome people to America and that we be should nice to everybody. Thank you Rabbi Yael for helping me.
I drew a picture of Queen Esther and the King and Haman when Queen Esther was brave."
 — with Adam Kalkstein and Yael Hammerman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Summer (Make that Thanksgiving Card)

Happy 5782

Teaching thoughts: Positive Feedback