Conversions: Make your glass half full!
So, I'm living in the metric system. And with shekels. And with celsius.
It's a transition.
But there are some great upsides.
For example, I am loving kilometers. I drive FAST (100!!!) and 20 of these units pass so much faster than miles! If I had time or motivation to run, I bet I'd also feel pretty good about myself (I ran 5!). I also don't weigh so much in kilograms (under 100!). So overall, I'm all about kilometers.
I have no idea what temperature means in celsius. I think that would be the toughest change to make. But in Israel, it's "HOT" so it's irrelevant what number.
But now, let's talk about money...
So, I am walking around thinking everything is a great deal. Adam is walking around complaining about the expense. It all depends on how you do your math. I generally divide by 4, and maybe add something. Adam seems to divide by the ACTUAL rate (today it's 1 dollar = .27 shekel). Why do that? Might as well feel good about what you're getting. Plus the math is a lot easier dividing by 4.
So, the point is, you are going to buy the groceries, coffee, or whatever anyway, so might as well pick a nice rate so you can walk home with a smile!
And now, what you've been waiting for....more pictures of my children on playgrounds.
It's a transition.
But there are some great upsides.
For example, I am loving kilometers. I drive FAST (100!!!) and 20 of these units pass so much faster than miles! If I had time or motivation to run, I bet I'd also feel pretty good about myself (I ran 5!). I also don't weigh so much in kilograms (under 100!). So overall, I'm all about kilometers.
I have no idea what temperature means in celsius. I think that would be the toughest change to make. But in Israel, it's "HOT" so it's irrelevant what number.
But now, let's talk about money...
So, I am walking around thinking everything is a great deal. Adam is walking around complaining about the expense. It all depends on how you do your math. I generally divide by 4, and maybe add something. Adam seems to divide by the ACTUAL rate (today it's 1 dollar = .27 shekel). Why do that? Might as well feel good about what you're getting. Plus the math is a lot easier dividing by 4.
So, the point is, you are going to buy the groceries, coffee, or whatever anyway, so might as well pick a nice rate so you can walk home with a smile!
And now, what you've been waiting for....more pictures of my children on playgrounds.
And below, yet another video of Matan dancing.
He loves to dance when he hears music.




Comments