First day out of modiin!
Today, after a night of 30 minutes of sleep (which included sivan waking up for good at 2 am and chinese food at 4 am with her), I was not feeling too great, but determined to go and see someting.
So, off we went to Castle--a hill with a fort on top that has been used from the time of King David onwards as a strategic high point right outside of jerusalem. this meant, we had an awesome 360 degree view of things.
It was a beautiful overlook, and HOT.
We then had ice cream.
And then headed back via the road that cuts through the West Bank back to Modiin. That road was fascinating...you really get a sense of the security that is involved and see how close the Arabs and Jews live to each other.
I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.
I finally got Data on my cell phone working which means that I can use gps tomorrow (yes, I've been navigating blind and kinda proud of it too!).
We go to jerusalem tomorrow. have low expectations with the kids--tayelet and kotel are my goals. anything else will be a bonus.
playground tonight after dinner at the mall.
also got hair conditioner--a big goal today!! (i'm telling you--somehow running errands with my kids seems very hard).
like i said, i'm falling asleep, so forgive this poor writing.
So, off we went to Castle--a hill with a fort on top that has been used from the time of King David onwards as a strategic high point right outside of jerusalem. this meant, we had an awesome 360 degree view of things.
It was a beautiful overlook, and HOT.
We then had ice cream.
And then headed back via the road that cuts through the West Bank back to Modiin. That road was fascinating...you really get a sense of the security that is involved and see how close the Arabs and Jews live to each other.
I'm falling asleep at the keyboard.
I finally got Data on my cell phone working which means that I can use gps tomorrow (yes, I've been navigating blind and kinda proud of it too!).
We go to jerusalem tomorrow. have low expectations with the kids--tayelet and kotel are my goals. anything else will be a bonus.
playground tonight after dinner at the mall.
also got hair conditioner--a big goal today!! (i'm telling you--somehow running errands with my kids seems very hard).
like i said, i'm falling asleep, so forgive this poor writing.
Sivan's note for the kotel tomorrow...




Comments