Sivan's Individualism
Sivan really is generating her own ideas and using language to learn more about the world. We get lot of "why?" and "what comes after...?" and "what's this called?" An example of her insatiable curiosity is a recent occurrence today:
She was in the middle of her pre-nap meltdown. Something about the order of milk and potty. I said "potty first". She said "milk first". This led to unbelievably loud wails (on her part, not mine). Then suddenly, she pauses. She looks in the mirror and says, "What's this called on my cheek when you cry?" I say "those are called tears". And not a second later, she resumed her wails. It was amazing :)
There are a couple key words that will get Sivan to be quiet and listen.
1. "Surprise"
2. "Treat"
3. "Candy" (or any specifics thereof)
Yes, I tried to avoid it for a bit, but one day I, being a sugartooth, enthusiastically introduced Sivan to the world beyond lollipops. And now I've created a monster. It was bound to happen.
Sivan in the last few months discovered she DOES like chocolate after all. This now means I have to share.
Here are some other funny things Sivan has recently said.There were plenty more but this is when I had a pen handy.
(Today)
"When I get bigger and bigger, I'm gonna go to a big school (tool) on a schoolbus (toolbus) too!!" (every comment like this Sivan gets really excited and usually ends with a big jump!)
2/22/2010
Y: Sivan, do you like these shoes? (we're at shoe store)
S: No.
Y: Why not?
S: Because...they're dirty.
2/23/2010
Y: Sivan, where are you going?
S: I'm leaving.
Y: Why?
S: I don't need you.
(Y's mouth drops)
S: I don't need you.
3/3/2010
When I get bigger and bigger, I'm going to ice skate!
3/13/2010
(SR drops/throws stuff on floor of car)
Y: Who's going to get that now?
S: Not me.
Y: Why not?
S: Because I'm sitting.
3/13/2010
S says to A: Leave me alone.
3/13/2010
S (upon seeing candy in goody bag from party): I'm hungry.
Y: Oh?
S: I'm really hungry. Candy makes me hungry!
3/24/2010
S: I love you.
Y: I love you too. Why do you love Ima?
S: Because she's good.
Y: I love Sivan because she gives me hugs, helps me, smiles, challenges me, and makes me laugh. Why do you love Ima?
S: Because she's really good at exercising.
3/27/2010
(SR is watching Barney and the kids on TV)
S: When I get bigger and bigger I'm going to be on television!
3/27/2010
S: When I get bigger and bigger, I'm going to fly like a butterfly!
4/11/2010
(SR and I share a muffin in bed after she and A bring me breakfast in bed. Needless to say this led to a lot of crumbs.)
S: Ima, buy new sheets!
Y: Why?
S: Because they're dirty!
Below is video of Sivan doing "ma nishtana" (she did much better when we offered a "treat")
She was in the middle of her pre-nap meltdown. Something about the order of milk and potty. I said "potty first". She said "milk first". This led to unbelievably loud wails (on her part, not mine). Then suddenly, she pauses. She looks in the mirror and says, "What's this called on my cheek when you cry?" I say "those are called tears". And not a second later, she resumed her wails. It was amazing :)
There are a couple key words that will get Sivan to be quiet and listen.
1. "Surprise"
2. "Treat"
3. "Candy" (or any specifics thereof)
Yes, I tried to avoid it for a bit, but one day I, being a sugartooth, enthusiastically introduced Sivan to the world beyond lollipops. And now I've created a monster. It was bound to happen.
Sivan in the last few months discovered she DOES like chocolate after all. This now means I have to share.
Here are some other funny things Sivan has recently said.There were plenty more but this is when I had a pen handy.
(Today)
"When I get bigger and bigger, I'm gonna go to a big school (tool) on a schoolbus (toolbus) too!!" (every comment like this Sivan gets really excited and usually ends with a big jump!)
2/22/2010
Y: Sivan, do you like these shoes? (we're at shoe store)
S: No.
Y: Why not?
S: Because...they're dirty.
2/23/2010
Y: Sivan, where are you going?
S: I'm leaving.
Y: Why?
S: I don't need you.
(Y's mouth drops)
S: I don't need you.
3/3/2010
When I get bigger and bigger, I'm going to ice skate!
3/13/2010
(SR drops/throws stuff on floor of car)
Y: Who's going to get that now?
S: Not me.
Y: Why not?
S: Because I'm sitting.
3/13/2010
S says to A: Leave me alone.
3/13/2010
S (upon seeing candy in goody bag from party): I'm hungry.
Y: Oh?
S: I'm really hungry. Candy makes me hungry!
3/24/2010
S: I love you.
Y: I love you too. Why do you love Ima?
S: Because she's good.
Y: I love Sivan because she gives me hugs, helps me, smiles, challenges me, and makes me laugh. Why do you love Ima?
S: Because she's really good at exercising.
3/27/2010
(SR is watching Barney and the kids on TV)
S: When I get bigger and bigger I'm going to be on television!
3/27/2010
S: When I get bigger and bigger, I'm going to fly like a butterfly!
4/11/2010
(SR and I share a muffin in bed after she and A bring me breakfast in bed. Needless to say this led to a lot of crumbs.)
S: Ima, buy new sheets!
Y: Why?
S: Because they're dirty!
Below is video of Sivan doing "ma nishtana" (she did much better when we offered a "treat")
Comments