Officially a toddler

This is on the lake by our house--celebrating a January thaw (above freezing temperatures!)
This may look like a road, but it's actually a "river" we are on which connects two lakes. Welcome to Minnesota!! This is also a failure of self-timer picture. :)

At the bottom of this entry we have videos.
By all definitions, Sivan is a toddler.  I still call her my baby though.  And Sivan often (I assume in imitating me) picks up objects and hugs them and goes "oh baby my baby".  Sivan is affectionate sometimes--she has kissed plenty of boys already, and hugged a 3 year old girl at the supermarket the other day.  But she is definitely fiercely, fiercely independent.  diaper changes, napping--if she doesn't want it, she'll let you know!! And because she now talks a LOT, she expects us to understand eveything (you gotta know the subtle differences between daaaada (gleeda or ice cream) and daada (dagim or fish), and likes to communicate at all times (sivan, why don't we just all take a nap right now....). Some exciting stories (well, exciting to us, perhaps boring to you).  Adam told me not to write a 2 page book on this entry.  So I'll keep it to my favorite 3 stories.
1. Sivan recognizes Obama.  She saw obama on TV this morning and said "OMAMA, OMAMA".  she got very upset when Obama stopped talking and then I frantically tried flipping through the channels for some coverage of our president.  "All done, sorry, no more obama".
2. We took Sivan to the zoo and while I imagine being 2 feet from a giraffe would be super exciting, Sivan's eyes lit up and she started going "ROWROWROW!" (round and round and round = ceiling fan).  Yes, a ceiling fan in the distance of the giraffe area was why we went to the zoo...
3. At the zoo, this orangutan loved sivan and came right up to her.  He was like 1 inch away from her, with his head pressed up against the glass and his arms too.  I guess sivan is somewhat desensitized to excitment all around her, because adam and i are nearly speechless and sivan is asking for crackers.  

Comments

Heather said…
Yasmine, Adam, and Sivan,

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. Sivan is growing up so fast! She is such a little lady. :-) I love the updates, pictures, and videos. I can tell that there is hardly a dull moment in the Kalkstein home!

<3 Heather

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Summer (Make that Thanksgiving Card)

Happy 5782

Teaching thoughts: Positive Feedback