Why do you love my left rib?

This baby has always been partial to my left side. My left rib must be indented by now. I rarely felt kicks on my right side. Of course, maybe I'm just assymetrical.
Actually, I discovered I am....you get this dark line on your belly when you are pregnant, and we were kind of commenting about how it was off on the right side. Then one day (this took a long time to realize) I suddenly blurted "Adam! Do you think it's the line that is off or the belly button?" Turns out, not only is my belly button practically an outtie these days (oh but resisting it so much!), but it sits on the left side of my body. Which was never noticed before this linea nigra business. My poor belly button has been so exposed this pregnancy. Anyway, I'm totally assymetrical. Speaking of, I lectured this summer about symmetry and how that's positively related to perceived attractiveness...and in short, i'm assymetrical!! I'll never forget when one student asked me how long it took to straighten my hair (which i did one day, and everyone, much to my dismay, preferred) and then, upon hearing that it takes a very long time, said "oh, it's not worth it then, you are married". so, i guess it also doesn't matter at this point in my life that i've discovered i'm totally assymetrical.
So the baby is in the right position, things are doing what they are supposed to. We are slowly setting things up. Wait, I will attempt to represent both my viewpoint and Adam's on this matter of preparedness.
Adam: We're in great shape. Everything is almost done, we've been working hard!
Yasmine: We're so not ready right now. There is so much we have to do. ::Yasmine proceeds to rattle off "things to do" list::
The truth, I'll admit lies somewhere in between. In fact, I might even admit Adam is more right...but not entirely.
On another note, I am super excited to see the "regression to the mean" in this boy-girl count. It seems I elicit the extremes. Few people look at me and say "i have no clue whether you are having a boy or girl". Most say "oh, i think it's a boy" or "definitely a girl". I am also boggled that 27 people have voted. Dad, did you vote 27 times? Surely 27 different people have not read my pointless thoughts...
I can sort of see how people can go divulging everything on a blog (like the private workings of their belly button). There is something to sitting on your couch, alone in your house, typing away, that removes you from the fact that people will ever read this...Everyone wants yet another picture posted...will do so soon.

Comments

snlfreak82 said…
yeah i was kinda hoping there would be another pic...best of luck in the next few weeks. p.s i voted "girl"!!

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Summer (Make that Thanksgiving Card)

Happy 5782

Teaching thoughts: Positive Feedback