6.5 weeks to go
I guess when you start counting backwards (weeks to go), you know it's getting close. Adam and I just came back from a one-night excursion to Red Wing. Our last "hurrah" as a single couple. Single couple? that sounds weird...eh, you know what I mean. Below are pictures of Adam and I striking the "34 week pose":
So, Adam and I survived 4 weeks of birth class and tonight's breastfeeding class. For anyone who has spoken to Adam or I, you know the trauma we experienced from birth class. Adam is the biggest advocate of expecting couples NEVER going to birth class. I, however, think ignorance is not bliss...but well, I'm not sure all the knowledge is bliss either. These classes often consist of me wide-eyed, soaking everything in, nodding, asking questions, and then turning to a stoic Adam and saying something to ensure he is processing the information (the cognitive psychologist in me) "Adam, are you listening? Are you going to remember this? I can't remember all this! Don't forget to do that! Adam, maybe we should write this down". It is entirely possible men who take this class WITHOUT me sitting next to them may enjoy the experience more. But at least, one of us has walked away with confident they can handle their role in labor--Adam confident he can handle the role of coach!
Now, of course, it is time for the belly button situation update. I have been avoiding the subject because well, it's kind of ambiguous. Parts go in, and parts stick out. It's like a half innie-half outtie. Adam has referred to me as a beached whale, and it's getting a little harder to tote around my body. The baby is really active (well, I think he is, but I have no baseline). Pregnancy is anything but boring...each week brings new, interesting things :) It's getting tougher and I'm so much more pregnant (I mean, just LOOK at the pictures!! I'm HUGE!!!), but everything is really normal and healthy. 
Comments